Submit an article
We welcome reviews and articles. Please refer to our Style Sheet and use the form below. Sadly at this time we can’t pay!
Counter Culture Style Sheet
- All numbers over 999 (except dates) use commas.
- All numbers are spelled out up to “ten,” numerals for 11 and higher.
- Always spell “percent,” never use % sign.
- Commas and periods always go inside quotation marks, as in “Go,” he said.
- Never use just the last name of a living person. Men are always Mr., Prof., Doc., etc. Women are Miss or Mrs. if marital status is not known Ms.
- Use only one space after every period, comma, semicolon, or colon.
- No periods when US is used as a modifier, as in US Army.
- Do not use the passive voice unless absolutely necessary.
- Ordinals are 12th, 13th, etc. Do not use superscript for the “th.”
- Never start a sentence with a numeral.
- Always spell out the months of the year; no abbreviations.
- Use 1960s, not 1960’s.
- Do not use a long word when a short one will do.
- Ellipses are period-space-period-space-period-space. Do not use the ellipsis character.
- Make every word carry freight; no padding.
- If you are reviewing a book give the ISBN.
- If you want an image included, send a jpg to email@example.com